The minaret of Syed Nizam-ud-Din Mir Muhammad Masum Shah is the most conspicuous structure of Sukkur town. Syed Masum Shah was the governor of Mughal Emperor Akbar who appointed him as the Nawab of Sukkur. The minaret was built in about 1607 the monument, built of red brick, is more or less conical in shape, slightly off the perpendicular and surmounted by a dome to which an internal stone staircase gives an access. It is about 26 metres in circumference and has 84 steps to the top. It is about 31 metres feet in height and can be seen from miles away. This minaret is believed to have been used as a watch tower.
Family and offspring of Syed Nizam-ud-Din Mir Muhammad Masum Shah still lives in old sukkur where He lives during ruling time. The minaret and its surroundings are still under power of Masumi Family even though Government of Pakistan has taken the management control of this historical.